Rod Systems for Wood-Framed Shearwall Overturning Restraint
Presented By: Bryan D Wert, MS, PE, SECB – Simpson Strong-Tie
- Learn how to utilize the new Strong-Rod Guide F-L-SRS18
- Discuss key considerations for designing a rod tiedown system for overturning restraint
- Discover new tools, products and design examples
- Examine what information is needed for proper specification
- And…if time allows, Explain new rebar detailing to increase tensile capacity for anchors in podium slabs.
Bryan D Wert, MS, PE, SECB is the Southeast US Branch Engineering Manager for Simpson Strong-Tie. Located in McKinney, TX, his branch is responsible for serving customers in 16 US states, the Caribbean, Central and South America. He is SECB certified and is a registered professional engineer licensed in eight states throughout the country from CA to TX to FL, requiring in depth knowledge of both high wind and seismic design. He provides engineering and application support for Simpson’s sales force and customers including engineers, architects, building officials, contractors and inspectors; creates content for and delivers educational presentations and webinars; works in research and development on new products for the building industry; and represents Simpson Strong-Tie at various professional association and technical committee meetings. Prior to joining Simpson Strong-Tie, Bryan was a consulting engineer for Wright Engineers in Las Vegas, NV where he designed both residential and commercial projects. Bryan graduated from the University of Southern California with a B.S. in Civil Engineering (Building Science emphasis) and from Stanford University with a M.S. in Structural Engineering.
Thank you to our sponsor: